Do., 23. Sept.|
Greenbuzz: Solutions for Transforming the Textile Industry
Erfahre mehr darüber wie die Textilindustrie endlich nachhaltiger werden kann und welche Rolle die Kreislaufwirtschaft dabei spielt.
Time & Location
23. Sept. 2021, 18:00 – 21:30
Zürich, Pfingstweidstrasse 16, 8005 Zürich, Schweiz
More about this event
Textiles are omnipresent in our daily lives, from clothing and household textiles to technological solutions in a wide array of applications, such as medicine, mobility and architecture. The global textile industry is one of the most important and fast-growing economic sectors. At the same time, it poses considerable social and environmental challenges.
The textile industry’s environmental & social impacts, from greenhouse gas emissions to microplastics, biodiversity loss, human right issues and water ecotoxicity, are now well-known by consumers and companies alike. In light of the ambitious sustainability goals of most governments and companies, it becomes clear that the textile industry needs to play its part and change towards more sustainable practices.
At this thematic event, we want to discuss questions like:
- Why is sustainability still not a top priority for textile companies?
- What exactly does sustainability mean in a textile context? Circular? Resilient? Environmentally friendly? Socially responsible? All of the above?
- What should be prioritized in making the textile industry more sustainable?
- What is the role of Swiss companies, the government and consumers in supporting a sustainable change in the textile industry?
In particular, we will take a look at what role circular models could play in transforming the sector and what the biggest challenges in implementing such changes are.
We will hear from a diverse panel of experts from both the private and public sectors, as well as from innovative local organizations. Our experts are going to be:
- Angela Adams, Senior Sustainability Consultant at Quantis International
- Andreas Fehr, Co-Founder of Neumühle
- Albin Kälin, CEO of EPEA Switzerland
- Vanessa Rueber, Enviro and Marketing Coordinator at Patagonia
Organizations working in sustainable textiles that will showcase their work are:
Join us on September 23rd at Kulturpark to discuss the issues and solutions for this important sector’s role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals!
This event will follow the ‘GGG’ Covid concept:
In order to be able to enjoy this event we require a Covid certificate from all guests upon entry. Please show the official certificate with QR code and an official ID at the entrance. Information on the certificate or the possibility of reordering can be found here. Rapid antigen tests are also free of charge without symptoms. A certificate from an anti-gene rapid test is valid for 48 hours.The available test locations can be found here.