Do., 23. Sept.|
GreenBuzz Zurich: Thematic Event: Solutions for Transforming the Textile Industry
Zeit & Ort
23. Sept. 2021, 18:00 – 21:30
Zürich, Pfingstweidstrasse 16, 8005 Zürich, Schweiz
Über die Veranstaltung
Textiles are omnipresent in our daily lives, from clothing and household textiles to technological solutions in a wide array of applications, such as medicine, mobility and architecture. The global textile industry is one of the most important and fast-growing economic sectors. At the same time, it poses considerable social and environmental challenges.
The textile industry’s environmental & social impacts, from greenhouse gas emissions to microplastics, biodiversity loss, human right issues and water ecotoxicity, are now well-known by consumers and companies alike. In light of the ambitious sustainability goals of most governments and companies, it becomes clear that the textile industry needs to play its part and change towards more sustainable practices.
At this thematic event, we want to discuss questions like:
- Why is sustainability still not a top priority for textile companies?
- What exactly does sustainability mean in a textile context? Circular? Resilient? Environmentally friendly? Socially responsible? All of the above?
- What should be prioritized in making the textile industry more sustainable?
- What is the role of Swiss companies, the government and consumers in supporting a sustainable change in the textile industry?
In particular, we will take a look at what role circular models could play in transforming the sector and what the biggest challenges in implementing such changes are.
We will hear from a diverse panel of experts from both the private sector, as well as from innovative local organizations. Our experts are going to be:
- Vanessa Rueber, Enviro and Marketing Coordinator at Patagonia
- Angela Adams, Senior Sustainability Consultant at Quantis International
- Albin Kälin, CEO of EPEA Switzerland
- Andreas Fehr, Co-Founder of Neumühle
Organizations working in sustainable textiles that will showcase their work are:
- Spirited Child
- More to be announced